Zeera its different detoxification uses.
Cumin is a spice /herb which is found in every Indian kitchen. Its tinge flavour and aroma liked by everyone in Indian dishes. There are many medicinal benefits of cumin seeds like it help in curing bloating, dyspepsia, digestive conditions. Cumin seeds are rich in calcium magnesium, iron and is also an antioxidants.
Nutritive Value of Zeera is as Follow :-
Various nutrients that are present in cumin are Energy (356 Kcal per 100grams), Carbohydrates (36.6 gm per 100grams), Proteins (18.7gm per100grams), Fat (15 gm per 100grams), Dietary Fibre (12.0 per 100grams), Vitamins like folate (10 microgm per 100 grams), Niacin (2.6mg per 100grams), , Riboflavin (0.36mg per 100grams), Thiamine (0.55mg per 100grams), Vitamin A (522microgm per 100grams),Vitamin C (3mg per 100grams). It also contains Sodium (126mg per 100 grams), Potassium (980mg per 100grams). Among minerals it contains Calcium (1080mg per 100grams), Iron (11.7mg per 100grams), Magnesium (475gm per 100 grams), Manganese (1.02 gm per 100grams), Phosphorous (511gm per 100 grams), and Zinc (2.66mg per 100 grams).
Health benefits of cumin seeds:-
- Cures piles:- The main reason of piles is constipation added with infections in the anal tract due to wound that is primarily caused because of Along with its fibre content it is also rich in antimicrobial, antifungal and stimulating properties. Cumin seeds helps in healing wounds or infections in excretory and digestive system and helps in digestion.
- Regulates digestion:- Zeera is very helpful for digestion and problems related to it. The aroma is extracted from the presence of organic compound named cuminaldehyde which immediately activates salivary glands which helps in facilitating the enzymes of digestive system and helps digestion of the food. Another essential compound which is present in cumin is thymol, which helps in stimulating the glands that secrets bile, enzymes, acids which are entirely responsible for the digestion of food in the intestines and the stomach.
- Cures Insomnia:- Insomnia is a sleep disorder that is characterized by difficulty falling and/or staying asleep. Anxiety, stress, and depression are some of the most common causes of chronic insomnia. Cumin seeds are rich in iron magnese they are proven to stimulate the secretion of several pancreatic enzymes which are required for proper digestion and assimilation of vital nutrients.
- Cures Bronchitis & Asthma:- The presence of highly rich aromatic oils and caffeinemakes cumin one of the best options ,for people who suffer from major respiratory problems such as bronchitis and asthma. Consumption of cumin helps in elimination of phlegm and mucus and thus treats respiratory problems.
- Lactation: – Since cumin contains a significant amount of iron, zinc, calcium, vit B6 it is of a great help for women who are having menses or women who are pregnant or are lactating.
- Fights cold: – zeera is a good home remedy for treating colds is because of its combination of anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. Additionally, it has nutrients like Vitamin C, Vitamin A and iron which strengthen your immunity, making you more capable of fighting infections.
- Prevents anaemia: – Cumin is a good source of iron, as it contains around 11.6 mg of iron per 100 grams that is more than five times required by an adult daily. Since iron is the main component of hemoglobin present in RBC, it is responsible for transferring oxygen to the cells, and deficiency of this is the main cause of anemia. Thus adding cumin in your daily meal will help fight the symptoms of anemia.
- Prevents diabetes:- The antidiabetic potential of cumin seeds is attributed to the presence of thymoquinone, an active chemical component that protects the B-cells of the pancreas from oxidative stress. It also helps in increasing the production of insulin in the body, thereby aiding in keeping your blood glucose under control.
- CURES SKIN:- Cumin seeds are rich in Vit-E which triggers the anti aging properties. It acts as an antioxidant to combat the free radicals that attack the skin and cause signs of ageing like wrinkles, age spots and sagging skin. This combination of antioxidant effect and antibacterial capacity of cumin provides you with a healthy, beautiful skin that lasts far into your old age.
Uses of zeera :- Zeera can be used as a seasoning agent in vegetables and curries. 1 teaspoon zeera can be be taken with luke warm water which increases digestion, helps in lactation for milk production increases iron content. Pinch of zeera can be used in buttermilk which is also helps in better digestion.
Side-Effects & Allergies of Cumin (Zeera)
In addition to several medical benefits, it has various side effects as well. Though it has gas-relieving properties, if consumed in higher quantity it can cause some of the most common gastric and digestive problems like heartburn and belching. The presence of oil in cumin is volatile and an overdose of cumin, in the long run, can damage the kidney and liver. Over consumption of cumin can result in drowsiness, nausea, and mental clouding among others. It is advisable for women to consume it in limited quantity, otherwise it leads to heavy bleeding during menstruation. It is essential to maintain blood sugar levels, but cumin intake consumed in large quantity, can lower your blood sugar level. If you’re heading for surgery, its advisable to stop consuming cumin at least two weeks before any major surgery. For lactating mothers, it can also lower the production of milk, if not consumed in moderate quantity.